Red Sheet® Negotiation Toolkits incorporate a range of tools in different formats to enable individuals, teams and organizations of all sizes across the globe prepare for and conduct negotiations effectively. Whether you’re seeking to become a competent or expert negotiator, develop skills to support your specialist expertise (eg: mergers & acquisitions, government, security and ransom, etc) or adopt a collaborative team- or organization-wide approach, our tools will equip you to meet the challenge ahead.
Available to purchase as part of a Red Sheet Package, which can be supplemented by a Psychometric Assessment to profile your negotiation personality, standard tools comprise:
Red Sheet Lite
The Red Sheet Lite tool combines the essential Red Sheet components with tactics and techniques to create a fast and effective 6-step approach to planning simple, everyday negotiations. Red Sheet Lite is available as a handy A3 Deskpad or electronically with a subscription to Red Sheet Online.
Click to enlarge Red Sheet Lite
Core components of the Red Sheet Lite planning tool comprise:
- Tactics and techniques - 100 valuable ways and means of gaining advantage to achieve your desired negotiation outcome.
- Concession strategy checkerboard – an ingenious approach to maintaining control of every concession while keeping an eye on the big picture and building a winning position.
- Balance of power – determining who’s got it and how to shift or project it.
- Negotiation planning – developing a structured plan that will enable you to stay in control and steer a new course should unexpected conditions arise during the negotiation.
To accelerate outcomes, our inspirational Red Sheet Lite training courses also include modules on body and spoken language to help read your opponent without giving the game away.
Used successfully for many years to deliver a winning performance time after time, the A1 sized Red Sheet poster is still favored as the way teams like to collaborate and ensure alignment when preparing for more complex negotiations. Also available electronically as part of Red Sheet Online, it incorporates all 15 steps of the Red Sheet planning process, allowing spoken and body language, as well as cultural nuances, to be taken into consideration alongside personality, process and repertoire.
Click to enlarge Red Sheet
Core components of the Red Sheet approach comprise:
- Game theory – used to match the negotiation approach to the outcomes required, including any ongoing business relationships
- Negotiation personality – psychometric profiling to determine ‘negotionality’ of team members, then matching individual personality traits to the negotiation behavior required for the specific event
- Cultural adaptation – to secure the best outcome in any negotiation anywhere in the world
- Tactics and techniques – 100 valuable ways and means of gaining advantage whilst reading your opponent’s body or spoken language
- Concession strategy checkerboard – an ingenious approach to maintaining control of every concession while keeping an eye on the big picture and building a winning position
- Balance of power – determining who’s got it and how to shift or project it
- Negotiation planning – developing a structured plan that will enable you to stay in control and steer a new course should conditions change unexpectedly
Red Sheet Online
A comprehensive support system for negotiators worldwide
Red Sheet Online is the ultimate cloud-based negotiation resource for individuals, teams or organizations around the world seeking to develop their negotiation capability. It contains everything you could ever need to plan and conduct any type of negotiation, enabling everyday one-to-one work or remote cross-functional and collaborative team-based negotiation planning around the clock.
It combines the proven best practice Red Sheet negotiation planning methodology, tools, templates and resources with the latest eLearning technology to provide a comprehensive, on-demand toolkit and academy for professionals who negotiate. Providing organization-wide access to common tools and ways of working, a subscription to Red Sheet Online is available in a variety of packages and includes:
- Access to electronic/offline Red Sheets and templates for interactive, collaborative planning
- Comprehensive negotiation resource library and quick reference guides and instructions to explain key Red Sheet concepts and theory
- High quality streamed video tuition and example negotiation modules for each planning step
- 100 negotiation tactics and techniques, including rich media video demonstrations of each
- Extensive library of interactive eLearning modules assures active engagement and an immersive learning experience
- Downloadable country by country culture guides to support negotiations around the world
- Body language and spoken language guides with digital situational examples
- Automatic access to resource updates or new releases throughout subscription
Click here to see inside Red Sheet Online.
To accelerate user uptake and transition to the Red Sheet approach, inspirational activity-based Training Courses or high impact bursts of targeted Coaching can also be delivered by experienced negotiators with specialist expertise.
An instrument to help you play to your strengths and adopt the optimal negotiation behavior
Recognizing the importance of personality in negotiation dynamics, Red Sheet has also developed a psychometric assessment instrument, built around the COW SOAP ACE methodology, specifically to determine your “negotionality” (negotiation personality).
After completing the proven question-based assessment online, candidates receive a report profiling which of their personality traits are most relevant in a negotiation. The profile data can be entered directly into the Red Sheet planning tool, enabling negotiators to identify where behavior modification may help to achieve a better outcome. The instrument can be used by individuals, teams or organizations to exploit the full potential of the resources available in any negotiation situation and is available as an optional extra to our standard Red Sheet Packages.
Specialist Procurement Tools
Drawing upon its origins as a planning tool for purchasing professionals, our Red Sheet Package for individual Procurement Negotiators also provides access to:
Book – Negotiation for Procurement Professionals
Based on the proven Red Sheet methodology, the 2nd edition of Jonathan O’Brien’s book “Negotiation for Procurement Professionals” provides a step-by-step approach to delivering winning negotiations and getting game changing results. To learn more from the author about this essential text that puts the buyer in control, watch the video below.
Also available directly from the publisher, you can save 20% with discount code LONPP2 when ordering from www.koganpage.com
Desktop Guide – 100 Negotiation Tactics and Techniques
An indispensable quick reference guide to 50 best practice negotiation tactics and 50 techniques in a simple A3 format for your desktop. The Guide summarizes 100 valuable ways of gaining advantage whilst reading your opponent’s body language and spoken language – each supported by a rich media video demonstration in Red Sheet Online.
eLearning Academies for Strategic Procurement
Red Sheet Online is also available to purchasing professionals as part of several best practice procurement and supply chain eLearning Academies from Positive Purchasing. Academies include a dedicated solution for public sector healthcare and a Corporate Academy that can be branded and customized for your organization. These comprehensive eLearning platforms include the globally recognized 5i® Category Management Sourcing and Orchestra of SRM® (Supplier Relationship Management) processes, resources and tools to provide you with everything you need to transform your procurement capability and deliver increased business value.
For Procurement Team solutions, please see our Red Sheet Packages.
© Red Sheet. All rights reserved. Registered in England and Wales: 04756992
Registered Office: Units 1 and 2 Mills Bakery, Royal William Yard, Plymouth, Devon PL1 3GE | Legal Information